Sunday, December 6, 2015

10 Months Old

10 Months Old 

What in the what?!  10 months old.  It's pretty unbelievable how fast time goes.  I feel like it was just yesterday that I peed on a stick, saw two lines, and did a happy dance while simultaneously freaking out.  And now I have a spunky, wild, curious, very sweet little boy.  He's changing even more every day now as he transitions from a baby to a toddler (WHY?!) and I can't believe how lucky I am to have this kid as my child.  I know, I know- every parent thinks their child is "special" - but, the qualities that I already see in him make me feel like the luckiest mom in the world.  He's always positive, happy, smiling, laughing, and and an all around fantastic handful.


Likes:
Pickles
Carbs 
Banging on everything
Dancing
Scout- his stuffed animal puppy 
Baths
The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song

Dislikes:
#hangry

Schedule:
No big changes here.  He has a few bottles a day, lots of solids (he will suck down those pouches in a minute flat), and loves to eat what we're eating.  He sleeps through the night and we love him for that. 

Features:
He's 29 inches long- I think, it's not easy to measure a wiggle worm- and weighs 20 lbs 3 oz.  He has two bottom teeth and we think the top ones will poke through any day now.  

Milestones:
-Standing on his own for longer periods of time
-Clapping
-Dancing

Firsts:
-Overnight trip with grandparents 
-Thanksgiving- he tried everything!
-Seminole victory over the Gators :) 

Challenges:
We were out of town a lot this month and Harrison really struggled with sleeping in his pack n' play.  I'm not sure if it was a new environment or teething, but we had a lot of late night (early morning?) snuggle sessions.  And by snuggle sessions, I mean he used us as drums while we begged him to fall asleep. 

Thoughts:
Watching him grow is so bittersweet.  As I pack away tiny clothes and watch him get into everything, I can't believe how much he has grown in just 10 short months.  Part of me aches knowing that his time of being a baby is quickly coming to a close, but the other part of me is so elated to watch him grow and enter toddlerhood.  Oh, the feelings! 



No comments:

Post a Comment