Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week 36

Baby is the Size of a Honeydew

36 weeks, 4 days
All of his organ systems are developed, with the exception of his digestive system.
This will take place after birth. 
How far along? 36 weeks 
Maternity clothes?  I'm starting to run out of options here, so if you see me wear the same pants all week it's not due to putting off laundry duty (this time).  
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Lots of post-work naps.  On Friday night, I was up for a solid four hours straight- it's so hard to sleep with all this anxiety and excitement! 
Best moment(s) this week: 
-Hearing from the doctor that at the end of this week (TODAY!) Harrison is full-term and could come any day now if he wanted to! 
-Spending time with my husband as a family of two.  With baby brain for the last 9+ months, it's hard to stop and remind myself that everything will change drastically from what we know in just a few short weeks, so I'm trying to do a better job of soaking up the time we have left as just us.  More snuggles on the couch, less worrying about cleaning, and lots of laughing.  
Miss Anything? I'm so ready for a large glass of wine.  I may have started stockpiling… 
Movement: Yes, and these are more uncomfortable each week as there is less amniotic fluid and room for him to move.   
Food cravings: 
-Orange Juice- I have at least a glass a day, and I'm usually not a big juice drinker.  
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Asian food is a turn-off at the moment.  
Gender: Boy  
Labor Signs: I am feeling and seeing more contractions each week.  My stomach gets super hard and looks likes a ball for about a minute various times throughout the day.  Sometimes they are uncomfortable, but usually I don't feel anything.  
Symptoms:
-So much anxiety-- I'm really starting to stress about labor.  I'm not afraid of giving birth, but I am so worried about where I'll be when it starts, what I'll do, and if I'll know.  
-Pelvic pressure- some days are worse than others.
-Peeing ALL. THE. TIME.  I go to the bathroom and by the time I get back to the couch I have to go again.  
- Pregnancy Brain- besides forgetting things, I feel like I can't focus on anything but this baby. 
-Feeling stiff and sore- either from sitting or standing too long.
-Swelling
-Thick hair- This one took a while, but I finally have that thick, strong hair everyone talks about during pregnancy.  Better late than never.  
Belly Button in or out? Almost gone, but still in!  
Wedding rings on or off? Off - I tried to put them back on this week, but that didn't work out.  
Happy or Moody most of the time: That depends on what organ my baby is sitting on
Looking forward to: Showing you guys the nursery!  This is my favorite room in the house and walking into it puts a huge smile on my face.  There are a few changes I've made since the original photos were taken because I found amazing $3 wire baskets at Target, so those are the newest addition!  I hope you love it as much as I do.  Here it is!




























 Feel free to ask for sources and let me know what you think! Only a few more weeks to go!



1 comment:

  1. So precious! Love the colors you chose. Really like the bear rug, so adorable. 4 short weeks (if that). Yay :)

    ReplyDelete