Wednesday, December 30, 2015

11 Months Old

11 Months Old

I wish I had an adjective to describe parenthood.  It's the craziest, wildest, and best adventure.  Harrison has changed my life completely.  I am so proud to be his mom and am so excited to see him grow into the wild, kind man he's already starting to become.  Oh, sweet Harrison- I hope you one day realize the unsurpassable amount of joy you've given us in such a short time and we can't wait to watch you grow.  Thank you for being you.  

Likes:
Playing the drums
Eating any and everything
Ripping up tissue paper and paper towels
Peek-a-boo
Bathtime 
Puppies
Sitting in the shopping cart
Throwing his paci out of his crib during nap time 
Dancing
Climbing on furniture
Musical instruments
His new big boy chair
Being fed water out of a straw like a baby bird 

Dislikes:
Sleeping in his pack n' play on vacation.  Or maybe that's just my dislike because he likes to party at 3:00 when he sees us in the same room... either way...

Schedule:
Nothing new.  He is very adaptable to whatever is going on and is a very flexible baby! 

Features:
He is 29.75 inches long!  I refuse to weigh him because I am not stepping on the scale after the holidays.  Check back in a month.  We are still waiting on more teeth, but his two bottom ones are very prominent now.  His hair is getting thicker, and I love love love when he has crazy, messy bedhead.  

Milestones:
-Gives kisses (swoon) -- sometimes when you ask for them, sometimes for no reason at all 
-Hugs and kisses his stuffed animals 
-Stands on his own
-Walks with assistance 
-Says "dada"
-Understands "no" and what's going on around him
-Uses facial expressions to show emotions 

Firsts:
-Christmas
-Cookie
-Golf cart ride 

Challenges:
This month has been pretty challenge free and I'm so very thankful for that.  

Thoughts:
I know I've said this a million times, but I just can't believe how quickly time has gone.  Less than a year ago, he was this wrinkly, six pound infant who only knew how to sleep, eat, and poop, and now he's full of energy, personality, and just the most perfect little boy.  It happened so quickly and although I know I soaked in each moment, it feels like the time just slipped through my hands.  



No comments:

Post a Comment