Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 17

Baby is the Size of a Pomegranate 

17 weeks, 5 days

Baby boy is 5 inches long and his senses are developing.

I am so very excited to announce our baby's name this week.  I know a lot of people shy away from this, but I can't keep any secrets.  I've had a baby name list on my phone for longer than I'd like to admit and started narrowing it down the moment I got pregnant.  Before our gender reveal party we had our boy and girl names picked but needed to settle on a middle name.  I am terrible at making decisions, so making one this big with 5 months to spare is quite a feat for me.  AND I'm already prepared with Baby #2s name... in a few years.  I hope you all love his name as much as we do, and if you don't then just pretend you do.

Harrison Michael Hall


 
So, where did his first name come from?  Well, the hubs and I had a very hard time agreeing on names.  He didn't like many from my excessive list and wasn't offering any valid suggestions (naming him after our dog was not an option) so we narrowed it down to three that we could agree on.  Then over time, we both just started using Harrison in everyday conversation without even realizing it.  We wanted something unique, yet still classic and timeless, and to us, this name is perfect for our little boy. 

And his middle name?  This one was tricky.  Since his first name has no family ties, I really wanted his middle name to mean something.  I think we went through every family name (Milkus, Kermit, Twing), city we've visited, and Florida State landmark before settling on a name.  I didn't want anything too unordinary for his middle name since his first name is not extremely common.   After trying out different monogram options (thanks Jacki) and debating the way names sound, we settled on Michael.  If I'm lucky, my son will be a mini version of my husband, so who better to name him after?  

How far along? 17  weeks
Maternity clothes? Absolutely.  My maxi dresses and maternity pants are my only options. Is it leggings season yet?
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: I'm starting to have some trouble sleeping.  It's harder to get comfortable these days, especially since I can no longer lie on my back. 
Best moment(s) this week: 
1) Prenatal Massage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
2)Spending the weekend with my parents at a wedding in Tampa.  It was nice to relax on the beach and be treated to a massage.
3)Registering for Harrison!  I'm very excited about what we picked out for baby H and I can't wait to start decorating the nursery. 
Miss Anything? Adult beverages.  This weekend was the first weekend I truly missed a drink.  Fancy hotel, beach, football, wedding... But, I know it will all be worth it!  I did have one O'Doul's during the game (GO NOLES), but it was awful. AWFUL.  
Movement: Waitinggggg
Food cravings: Zaxby's birthday cake milkshakes.  I may or may not have had two this week.   
Anything making you queasy or sick: BBQ still.
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: 
-Round Ligament Pain- although it's not pleasant, it means the baby is growing, so I'll take it.
-Back Pain- My back is really starting to hurt.  The body pillow and massage help, but I'm afraid for how much worse it might get.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :D  I'm soooo excited to have a little boy and I can't wait to meet him.
Looking forward to: Decorating the nursery! 


No comments:

Post a Comment